Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pine cone pretties


Since I took this picture last week, the leaves have almost all fallen and the branches are skinny and bare. We can see neighbors houses that were covered by summer foliage and it's so much fun to watch the squirrels run up and down the trees with their acorns. Being a squirrel and having a fear of heights wouldn't be a good combination.


The temperatures have dropped and it is unseasonably cold. Like freezing cold. It's fireplace weather. I don't like being cold, but I do like Christmas, so the minute Halloween was over I wanted to pull out the Christmas decor, but I did all I could to hold out and only got out a few gold pine cones. (don't mind my ugly paint colors. we don't own the house and can't paint over the awfulness.)



I made this garland last year and it's really cute and easy to make. We live in Georgia and have no shortage of pine trees and no shortage of pine cones. The kids helped gather them up and we spread them out in the garage and gave them a coat of gold spray paint. I strung them up with twine and viola! An easy peasy, pine cone garland. Perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas.



Stay warm everyone, I am going to blast Christmas tunes and bundle up because it is COLD.


xoxo
crissy


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy