Friday, January 2, 2015

What a great year!

2014 was challenging, but wonderful at the same time. I feel like I found myself in some ways and in others I've stayed exactly the same. I think struggling a little will do that to you. 

Despite some hard times, my family was and still is healthy and mostly happy, so I am very thankful for that! The lapses in happiness are usually caused by some sort of tantrum from a certain three year old. But we are hoping those start to become few and far between as she gets a little older...

In blog land it was a fun year too, because I actually blogged! Here's a little round up of some posts from 2014...

We went up to Michigan to play in the snow after Christmas...


Miss B, turned 3 and we had a fabulously Frozen birthday party for her. It was so much fun to put together. I mean, glitter, sweet treats, turquoise/aqua, and twinkle lights, can't get much better than that!


I wrote quite a few posts on dresses I made that never found their way onto the blog. This one is my favorite. Here is another cute one.


I crocheted quite a bit, as I often do in the wintertime. I even whipped up some amigurumi, which I hadn't done in forever! Pinkie Pie was my favorite yarn creation.


I made three versions of the Rollerskate dress, 1, 2 and 3...


I was a pattern tester for two fun patterns, the Half Moon Bay Dress and the Sweet Simple Dress. Testing patterns is super fun, I hope to do more of it this year.


I finished the front porch chairs I has been working on for a while. They turned out great!






I participated in my first KCW last spring and again in the fall, so fun! Fall was especially enjoyable because I made costumes...Anna and Elsa, of course.



The Garden Party dress was another favorite from this year, I made two versions, one for Easter and a silk one, it's such a pretty dress!


My little man even had an outfit sewn up by his mama, it was pretty adorable if I do say so myself.


I shared a sneak peak of one of my favorite rooms in our house, the master bedroom. Then, I took the summer off from blogging because we were visiting family in Seattle and my sewing machine couldn't come with me and soaking up family time was more important than this blog. :) 


We started homeschooling this year and are enjoying the adventure.


Here's to a wonderful 2015! I hope this year is full of happy kids, learning, sanding, priming, painting, sewing, selfish sewing, yarn, baking and getting in shape. You know, normal "me" stuff. :)

Cheers to 2015!
crissy




No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy