Thursday, February 12, 2015

And another one.

Here is another shirt I made! This is actually the first, but I've worn it so much that it is usually in the laundry whenever I think about taking a picture of it. It is another Hey June pattern. This time, the Lane Raglan. According to the sizing chart I was a size M, but a size M is a little too roomy for my liking. I think this fits more like a sweatshirt and would be really cute with a thicker knit, but this is a jersey knit so it's just a little baggy. But that's ok! I still like it and I still wear it often. The fabric is from Girl Charlee and it was on clearance (yay) so I picked up two yards and used it to make the girls some tops and had enough to make myself something too.

Awkward city take #2! At least these pictures were taken during day light hours and I "hired" a photography assistant to use the remote for me. I'd say they are an improvement from last time.

Look at that side seam, perfect! 

This side, not so much.

I made this before I had a twin stretch needle so I just top stitched around the cuffs, hem, neckline and armholes with a single needle for some detail. This shirt is soft and casual, just my style. I have a bright blue scarf I like to pair with it, but yesterday, when I took these pictures is was a balmy 63 degrees and no scarf was necessary. Today, however, it is 35 degrees and I will be wearing my parka all day and sipping hot tea. I'm such a cold weather wimp.

I loved this pattern and have another in the works. I'll be sewing up a size S this time and I think 3/4 length sleeves? I figure that will bring me some warm weather.

Happy Thursday y'all. I can see Friday from here!

xoxo
crissy

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, if sewing 3/4 length sleeves might bring warmer weather I should get started. Our foretasted highs are far below zero. I love the top! What a fun fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! You are so cute. And talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi it's Nicole from The Girl Charlee Team. Your Lane Raglan looks awesome!! We would love to use this in an upcoming Knit Picks post at The Girl Charlee Blog. If you're interested, please send a couple of pictures to gcblog@girlcharlee.com :)

    Thanks for the link back!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy