Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Kids Clothes Week Day #3

Today I finally created something with the theme "upcycled" in mind. I am pretty disappointed that I forgot to take pictures of the before. But, try to be creative here and imagine two mens tank tops in this reddish stripe knit. Yeah, ugly. No wonder they were on clearance for $1.97 and there were about 500 left. Well, I saw some potential in them and turned them into a Lulu Top which is another fun pattern by Jessica of CINO


This was my third time sewing this one up so I got adventurous and changed the neck and arm hole trim application a little bit to reduce the bulk and am very please with how it turned out. 


 
I used the bottom of one of the tanks for the bottom portion of the top so I didn't have to hem. Shortcuts are always nice. I made Miss L a size 6 and it fits great!



Can't leave sissy out. :)


I'm happy with how this turned out and can't wait for some warm weather so she can actually wear it!


xoxo
crissy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy