Monday, February 2, 2015

Kids Clothes Week Day #1

Well, after a terribly disappointing end to the Super Bowl, I thought I should start the day off with some Kids Clothes Week sewing. This Seahawks fan needs some distraction! The theme this week is "Upcycled" but these shirts don't fit the theme. I do, however, have a few projects in the works that fit the theme, so I hope I can finish them this week. Wish me luck or long naptimes for the baby.

First project, somewhat coordinating Nessie tops. This is a pattern by Jessica of CINO and it is really cute and fast to sew up. I've been sewing with knits quite a bit lately and I am kind of hooked. 


Little brother had to be included in the photo shoot, how could I say no, he is just too cute. The fabric is from Girl Charlee (duh) and it was a bargain deal so it's not my favorite, but I thought it might be a good start for my stretchy sewing adventures and I couldn't beat the price. It is very soft and not too stretchy, but it is a little sheer.


Benny says "CHEESE!"



I've sewn with knits previously but with my old machine was terrible and chewed everything up and I never used a ball point needle (rookie mistake). This time around I am using a stretch twin needle and utilizing my serger which is also adorned with ball point needles. Let me tell you, those needles make all the difference. Sewing with knits really is fun and there are so many cute fabrics available!

If I could change one thing I would have added a few inches in length to both sizes, I sewed up a 4 for Miss B and 5 for Miss L. They are torso children, especially L, (thanks to their daddy) so these shirts are just barely long enough and will be too short if they grow too much more. Other than that, these are cute and I can't wait to make more!

This girl looks way too grown up lately!
I'll have more to share tomorrow.


xoxo
crissy

2 comments:

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy