Thursday, February 5, 2015

Kids Clothes Week Day #4

Whew! Still going strong with Kid's Clothes Week. I finished these Lulu Dresses yesterday, and my girls love them! 


Leilani's dress was my first time using this pattern so I stuck with the instructions on the neck/armhole application. Her dress also has fun pockets!


I switched up the trim application on Bella's dress to reduce the bulk and I like how it looks. I folded the trim in half and reduced it's length until it was about 75% as long as the arm hole or neck hole. Then I stretched it out to fit each hole and serged it up and then top stitched the seam for a nice finished look. That probably doesn't make sense, but it's done exactly how I did it when making the Lulu Top for Day #3.



Bella said NO pockets and then whined when her dress had buttons instead of pockets. Go figure. :)



The fabric is from Girl Charlee, the white is a plain old t-shirt jersey, so it's a little thin but perfect for when it is hot and sweaty here in the south. The blue print is so cute! It is also from Girl Charlee and is a Cotton Jersey Blend. It is nice and think and so soft. If I have enough leftover I would like to make myself a skirt for this summer. Can you tell I am yearning/wishing/hoping/praying for warm weather?


Benny Boo had to get in on the action, but no, I didn't make his outfit.

This is such a fun pattern to sew! There are so many cute options. I can't wait to sew up a few more for warmer weather.

xoxo
crissy

2 comments:

  1. The dresses and girls are super cute - the blue print is beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I'm hoping I have enough to make something for me too!

      Delete

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy