Tuesday, April 21, 2015

KCW Day #2

And, we're back! Another day of KCW in the books. I finished this one early this morning, what a nice way to start the day.

Going with the "Wild Things" theme again, I thought this brightly colored feather knit paired well with some beautiful orchid knit, both from Girl Charlee, of course. 

 The pattern I used is one of my favorites, but I did a bit of a hack job on it. It is a size 6 oliver + s roller skate dress, and here is what I did differently with this dress: Since I was using knit fabric, I didn't use a lining, so it's not too thick and perfect for a hot, Georgia summer. 

I dropped the waist a few inches and put a channel for the elastic waist on the outside to break up the feather pattern a bit, since it can be a little busy. Since there is no lining, the dress has a simple hem which I finished with a double needle. 

The sleeves and neckline are trimmed with knit, so I didn't have to add any length for hemming. The back pattern piece was cut in one piece which I reduced by 1 inch to account for loosing the seam allowance. Since knit is stretchy, there was no need for a back closure, easy! 

This took me about 2 hours to sew, with interruptions. I would say that's pretty fast!

Happy Tuesday!

xoxo
crissy

2 comments:

  1. What fun fabric! I love the purple details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the combo so much I have a shirt cut out with the same fabrics, just waiting to be sewn up. :)

      Delete

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy