Monday, April 20, 2015

KCW Day #1

I cheated a little and worked on this dress yesterday, but don't tell anyone. I think the theme for Kid's Clothes Week this Spring is great. There are so many fun ways to interpret "Wild Things" and it is going to be quite enjoyable to browse through everyone's projects.

For day #1 I whipped up a Lulu Dress using knit from Girl Charlee. The horses fit the theme perfectly! And, what little girl doesn't like wild ponies prancing all over her dress?

The black is a cotton spandex knit and the blue is a cotton jersey knit. The blue knit is so soft and lightweight, but not see-through. Perfect for a summer play dress.

This pattern is so easy to sew and fun to customize. If I make dresses without pockets, I am in trouble, so of course I added pockets. We like the pockets.


I asked her to pose once more and show me the dress and this is what I got. An airplane? An eagle? Who knows...


xoxo
crissy

1 comment:

  1. hehe I LOVE it! My kids love pockets too, so I'm in the same boat as you. ;) the fabric you used is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy