Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day!

First off I want to wish a Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there! I hope you had a wonderful day today. I was surprised with breakfast in bed and then we spent the morning enjoying the sunshine at the lake. 

Instead of gifts I asked for a fun family day and some sewing time (of course). When Benny Boo was taking a nap I snuck away to finish this dress. I wore it to church this afternoon and I LOVE it.


This is the Out and About Dress by Sew Caroline. I had been eyeing this pattern for a while and finally caved and bought it last week. I'm so glad I did because this is the perfect summer dress and a quick sew.

I used some lovely jersey rayon knit from my April KnitFix from Girl Charlee. It is buttery soft and and the floral print is beautiful! I thought a belt would be nice to dress it up just a little bit, so I cut a 50" x  4" strip of the black and white stripe and sewed it into a tube to make an easy belt.

I modified the pattern a bit by lining the bodice, finishing the neck and armhole binding a little differently and I shortened the skirt quite a bit.

I agree with my girls, pockets are fun! Especially these pockets.

xoxo
crissy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy