Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Sometimes I dress up.

I'm on a roll here! Two "fancy" posts in a row. It's nice to mix it up once in a while and wear something a little fancy. I realize this isn't "fancy" but it is an upgrade from my normal tank top/t-shirt and shorts. I made this skirt by tracing one that I already had and used the same black floral print that I used to make this shirt.

I would have made a full circle skirt but I didn't have enough fabric, this one is still plenty twirly and fun to wear. 



I left the elastic exposed to keep things simple and I like how it turned out. It's been worn several times since I made it and it will definitely be a go-to this summer.

As life usually goes for me, I cut this skirt out in January but couldn't finish it until March. When that happens, it feels extra good to complete a project.
 
There was even a little bit of fabric left to made an infinity scarf. It's too warm to wear it now, but I wore it quite a bit when the weather was still chilly. 


My 6 year old helped me take pictures of the skirt. I think she did pretty well for herself! This is a picture she took while I was still setting the tripod up. We obviously need to work on our focus a little. :)


xoxo
crissy

2 comments:

  1. I love the skirt. What fun! I think I might just live in circle skirts this summer. I've been using infinity scarves as a light layer when I head places that blast air conditioning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skirts are the best, an easy way to dress in the summer without looking too casual.

      Delete

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy