Monday, June 22, 2015

It's that time again!

Yep, Kid's Clothes Week is here again. I missed out on last year's summer session because we were on vacation. But, this year I am home and ready to sew. This summer the theme is Traveling. This dress has nothing to do with traveling, so there's that. I've never been very good about following along with themes anyway. I usually just do my own thing.

First up, is a dress that I've had in my imagination for quite a while. I bought the fabric for it last fall and I may or may not have forgotten about it until last week.

This is the oliver+s Tea Party Dress, I've made two other versions, here and here. This pattern is special to me because it is what brought me to oliver+s. I saw a version on a blog (can't remember which one) and I instantly fell in love with it. I ended up purchasing the Birthday Party Dress as my first o+s pattern but the Tea Party has always had a special place in my sewing heart.

Making this dress was bitter sweet as I made a size 5 and the pattern only goes up to size 5. I think Miss B will be able to wear this again next summer as it is pretty roomy and I can easily add length if I make another next summer. But still, it's always sad when your kids size out of a pattern. Or maybe I'm just weird.

The fabric is from Hobby Lobby, just not-fancy quilting cottons. 

 I lined the bodice with a white kona cotton and the black piping is vintage from my stash. And that fuzz in the pictures above, that's cat hair in case you were wondering. :)

I finished the hem differently than the pattern called for because hand sewing was the last thing I wanted to do, but I like how it turned out. I think it is pretty cute. The seams were finished with a clean finish edge which added some nice contrast to the outside of the dress.

And that's it! Happy Kid's Clothes Week day #1! I leave you with some extra cuteness. Please, excuse Mr. Ben who is still in his pajamas.

xoxo
crissy


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy