Monday, June 8, 2015

Sewing for Easter

I think my favorite season to sew for is spring, especially here in the south. Spring starts early and with a bang. Everything blooms at once and if you blink, you'll miss it. After about two weeks of spring (I may be exaggerating just a little) summer settles in and everything is bright green and bushy. And, it's warm, really warm. I love it! But I digress, what I really came here to talk about is sewing. What better way to sew for spring than to make two adorable Easter dresses for my girls?

These were a first for me. The first time I've sewn the oliver+s Fairy Tale Dress. I don't know why I never purchased this pattern. It really is the perfect special event dress and I will definitely be sewing more of these. The fabric is a cute, metallic Michael Miller print from fabric.com. Miss L's dress is a size 6 and Miss B's is a size 5. They requested no sleeves, although I really wanted to try the tulip sleeve. Maybe next time. 



These dresses are so sweet and classic. I love how they turned out. Of course I added two layers of pink tulle. What little girl doesn't like pink tulle?

I sewed these up assembly line style and they took about a week to complete. It's not a difficult pattern, it just requires quite a few steps. They are fully lined with a thin broadcloth that makes the inside look very finished and professional.


Bella's dress required a little more effort because I had to match the plaid pattern. But, I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. Not perfect, but pretty good. I was able to showcase my elite invisible zipper skills, as well. I'm joking, but for some reason I like to put in invisible zippers and seem to do a pretty good job. I guess I have my machine to thank for that. Thank you, Baby Lock Grace. :)

 Sunshine feels good on those little toes!

I hope you are enjoying your spring/almost summer as much as we are!

xoxo
crissy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy