Wednesday, July 1, 2015

One more for KCW

Well, this is it for me for Kid's Clothes Week, I made this last Friday but didn't take pictures in time. That's how it is lately and that's ok.

Anyway, may I present, yet another oliver+s Roller Skate Dress! I've lost count of how many I've made, maybe 6? Obviously I like this pattern quite a bit. 

This picture cracks me up too much not to post it. She has been giving me robot moves when we take pictures lately.
 



 
Back to the dress, this is the 2nd knit version that I've made, you can see the other one here. This one is a hack. It's not lined, the sleeves are trimmed in a jersey bias tape and the neckline is finished like a t-shirt. 


Also, I dropped the waist, cut the dress at the waist and then sewed the two halves together to create an elastic casing. I added a fun pocket, because who doesn't like pockets. Even unusable ones. 


This knit is cotton jersey from Girl Charlee, it's not too stretchy so it's perfect for this pattern. The trim is from a huge t shirt I bought on clearance at Old Navy just for the fabric. It's a slub knit, a really nice weight and super soft. I've used bits of it in all sorts of projects. I'll be sad when it's finally gone.

I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!


xoxo
crissy

4 comments:

  1. What pretty photos.
    I really like this in jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this roller skate dress in jersey! When you've sewn it in knit do you size down or cut the same size as you would for a woven?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally I would size down with a stretchier knit but this was cotton jersey without much stretch so I sewed her regular size. It's a fun dress to make with knits!

      Delete

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy