Friday, July 24, 2015

The Sew What Club - Cannes Pattern

Another cute pattern from the Sew What Club. For members, the Cannes pattern will be released on August 1st.


This is such a cute swim coverup, I decided I wanted it a little shorter than called for in the pattern, so I made it tunic length and I think it is adorable!


The fabric is a cotton jersey from Girl Charlee and the trim is me made. Pineapples are in right now, so I knew that these pineapples needed to be made into a Cannes. Like I've said before, fabric speaks to me. I also knew I needed a neon pop for the trim. Pom poms probably would have been cuter but that required a trip to Hobby Lobby and I wanted a specific color so I whipped up some crochet trim in a few hours. I love the pop of color it adds.




You can make this pattern lined, but it's too hot here for that. However, come fall, the lining could come in handy if you wanted to hack this pattern into a cute shirt.

I think that is about it, a short and sweet post for a short and sweet Cannes coverup! 


xoxo
crissy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy