Thursday, July 2, 2015

The Sew What Club

What's the Sew What Club, you ask? It's a monthly pattern subscription for children and women's patterns. A pattern fix, if you will. Kelly from Sewing in No Man's Land came up with this great idea, got a bunch of other celebrity, I mean sewing bloggers involved and The Sew What Club was born! It officially launched yesterday so go check it out! You can read more info here.

Now, you are probably wondering why I am shamelessly plugging this program? Well, I got to test the first round of children's patterns. Pattern testing is one of my favorite things to do. Since iI am too chicken to create a pattern myself, I like to play with what other designers have created.

Anyway, here is the first pattern you get for the month of July. This is the Annecy Pattern. I am so in love with this pattern. 

This is a great stash buster, and the piping is such a fun detail. The prints I used are from Michael Miller and the solid was from Hobby Lobby. The piping is vintage from my stash.

I tested a size 6 and it is a little big on Miss B, she wears a size 5, so the sizing is right on. I can't wait until Miss L can try this on.

 
The straps in the back, so cute! It's the perfect sundress. The patterns is fully lined, but because Hotlanta, y'all, I opted to only line the bodice. But if you live in a climate that is not blazing hot, I would suggest fully lining the skirt as well as it adds a little more flounce.

That's some southern sass right there. She looks so grown up! Enough gushing about my little model. Go check out The Sew What Club!

xoxo
crissy




No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy