Thursday, October 1, 2015

The Cocoon Dress

Here is the first children's pattern for the Sew What Club in October. This one is so cute! May I introduce the Cocoon Dress.


This is a simple shift dress with ruffle sleeves and a cocoon shape, hence the name. :) Totally cute for fall.


  
 
I was too lazy to change the thread in my serger to white, so if you see the black seams that's why. Also, the recovery on this fabric (a cotton jersey) isn't that great which is why the neckline stretched out a bit. A great way to fix that is put in a neckband like a regular t-shirt. But again, I was too lazy.

 

This picture is deceiving because it looks like a beautiful fall day but it was hot and sticky, she was a trooper for putting on boots and a long sleeved dress. That's her personality though, "sure, mom, whatever you need!" Such a sweet girl.


xoxo
crissy


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy