Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a wonderful, wonderful holiday season. It went by way too fast for me. Once Halloween was over, I put up the decor and went into full on Christmas mode around here. I don't really decorate for Thanksgiving, besides our table, because fall decor just isn't my thing. Spray painted, gold pine cones is as "fall" as I am going to get. 


This year we made our annual trip up to Kinsey Family Farms the weekend before Thanksgiving and picked out a beautiful tree. Christmas trees in the south are a little different than what I grew up with in Washington, forget the Grand Fir (my favorite!), Nobles Firs, Douglas Firs, Blue Spruce (I could go on and on). Down south are some "lovely" Cypress varieties that you can cut, but if you want the traditional look of a fir tree, you can't cut those here. Fortunately the farm we go to ships Fraser Firs from the NC mountains. 

So, we took the tractor ride around, like we were going to cut a Cypress but instead we took some pictures and then picked out a Fraser Fir from the pre-cut lot on the farm. I wish I had taken more pictures, but it was just too cold! I think it was a high of 40 that day and yes, I'm a big baby when it comes to being cold, so I wanted to jump back into the car as soon as we could.

Hot chocolate was a must that day.

We tried to take a family photo while we were there for our Christmas card. However, no one wanted to cooperate so I ended up using one from a beach trip this summer, even though the girls were making weird faces in it. I think Miss B and Miss L finally understand that when you make a weird face in our family pictures, that picture will be sent to 100+ relatives and friends as a Christmas card. :) I'm hoping that everyone cooperates this year.


I did manage to get a cute on of the four littles. They were bribed with hot chocolate, of course.

I hope your new year is off to a wonderful start!
xoxo
crissy



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy