Friday, March 25, 2016

Charleston Dress

I've been sewing up a storm this month. I try to cram as much sewing time in at night after kids go to bed because during the day we are out soaking up the sunshine, warm air and an insane about of pollen. #southerngirlproblems

I was lucky enough to test a lovely dress pattern by Adrianna Appl of Hey June Handmade. I love her patterns so when a testing call went out I jumped at the chance!

This is view B, I used a thicker quilted knit and a gray ponte for the color blocking. I modified the back skirt a little to include color blocking for a slimming effect. I chose this view because of the skirt and POCKETS.

I love the way this dress turned out! I made a straight size small and the bodice fit perfectly with no tweaking at all. That never happens with fitted garments.

The Charleston Dress calls for thicker/more stable/less stretchy knits and I couldn't find any that were very "spring-like" at my local Joanns. I am on the hunt for something in more of a pastel color so I can make another of these lovely dresses for Spring.

Photo credit goes to be 5 year old and the tripod. :)

xoxo
crissy

2 comments:

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy