Thursday, May 5, 2016

A summer kimono

Happy Cinco De Mayo! I love this holiday because I am always up for an excuse to eat burritos, refried beans queso blanco, guacamole, spicy salsa...mmm, I'm making myself hungry.

This post really has nothing to do with the fun holiday happening today, but it is Me Made May day #5! Today we had a weird cold front come through so I wore my summer kimono. 

I took these pictures last fall when I made the kimono and I forgot I had them, so it was a nice surprise not to have to set my tripod today.

The pattern is by Patterns For Pirates (surprise!) and is an easy sew and very versatile. 
I used a jersey rayon from Girl Charlee knitfix and it's all sorts of beautiful and drapey. I love the soft pink roses contrasting with the black and aqua leaves, it's so pretty!
When it's really hot you can pair this with a tank top and shorts. In cooler months you can wear it over a short sleeved shirt with jeans. It's cute with wedges, sandals and my favorite, flip flops (I wear flip flops with everything).


It took about an hour to cut out, sew up and top stitch...there are only three pattern pieces so that's a win. I wear this quite a bit and really like it so you may see it again this month. I'm sharing my Me Made May ensembles daily over on instagram if you want to follow me there @crissybell.


xoxo
crissy


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy