Wednesday, November 2, 2016

The Loveralls

I'm back with some sewing to share! I recently tested a pattern from Petit a Petit + Family and it was just what I needed to give me back my sew-jo.

Summer isn't ideal for sewing and once school started there wasn't much time to sew even though I wanted to, but I jumped at this testing opportunity and I am glad that I did! I've been sewing all the things again and it makes me so happy!

May I introduce to you, the LOVERALLS!

Taken from the UpCraft Club website "The Loveralls Dungarees are a unique PDF sewing pattern to create a classic or fashion forward pair of overalls."

There are three options and I made option C, which is perfect for showing off a cute t-shirt. I love the skinny fit and pocket details. I installed a fly which was a first for me and definitely was not hard. I've learned with sewing that scary things are never scary and it's better to dive in and try it rather than sit back and wonder if you'll fail.



This was only the second or third time time I've sewn with denim and it was the first time I really went to town with the top stitching. It was a ton of work and took a long time because I was constantly switching out my thread for assembly and then top stitching...annoying. The work is worth it though because the contrasting stitching looks fab!


 Aren't the straps in the back cute? And those pockets are adorable.


I used a denim with 3% spandex and my daughter loves the fit and the stretch.


I'm going to be brutally honest here and not recommend using Dritz for fasteners as I spent a small fortune on that brand with terrible results. When installed, they basically melted as I was hammering the buttons in. So disappointing! Instead, I found a shop on Etsy that sells high quality dungarees hardware, Green Grizzly UK. They were very responsive with questions I had and shipping was fast. Installation was easy, these fasteners and buttons are the real deal!


 Of course a pair of cute Loveralls has to be paired with some cute Chucks. :)


You can purchase the pattern here and it's on sale, 25% off for the first three days! Buy it, you'll be glad you did!


Happy Sewing!

xoxo
crissy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy