Friday, August 25, 2017

The Fringe Dress

So, so excited about this one. I've been a fan of Chalk and Notch patterns for quite some time, but time constraints have kept me from sewing up one of Gabriela's fabulous patterns. Well, I was able to test her newest dress pattern, The Fringe Dress, and I am in love!

This pattern is gorgeous! The pattern has two views both of which can be made as a dress or a blouse. View A has a button up front and sleeves with tabs, view B has a plain, notched front. Taken directly from the Chalk and Notch website: "Both views include a blouse length, optional dress pockets, optional front or back waist tie and a shaped hem, gathered skirt. The sleeve/cuffs are interchangeable for both views."

I opted to leave off the back tie, keep my cuffs unfolded and added the pockets. Pockets on a dress are a must for me, I adore them. 

To say I LOVE this dress is an understatement. I used a 100% rayon I found at Joann. It's perfect for this dress, although I wasn't sold on the print, I love the teal background and the feathers, but there's also a "believe" printed with the feathers that I am not a fan of. Oh well, the colors are amazing so I can live the with believe.



The Fringe took me about 3 nights to complete, about 1.5 hours a night. Projects like that are perfect for me, especially when they have finished results looking like this.
One of my favorite parts about this dress is how I can wear it into Fall. Just throw on a cardigan and some booties and I'll be good to go.

I'm planning for two more of these gorgeous dresses and am hoping I can find the time to finish them. The Fringe Dress is on sale here!

xoxo
crissy

4 comments:

  1. Crystal your Fringe turned out so good! It was such a pleasure to work with you and get to know you! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was wonderful working with you and the Fringe Dress Pattern is just fabulous!

      Delete

I LOVE comments! I try to answer and respond to each one whenever possible.

xoxo
crissy